The port has a cargo handling capacity of 100,000 TEUs annually. Despite its small size, the port has its own unique strengths compared to neighbouring ports:-
- As a duty free port, customs procedures are much more relaxed. By using the appropriate import-export customs declaration forms, good can be cleared more speedily and without hassle.
- Being small, it can provide dedicated and specialised logistics arrangements for speedier handling. There is usually zero waiting time for berthing and cargo discharging (weather permitting). Also, all facilities are located next to each other thus saving much time, movements and handling costs.
- Comparatively, port charges such as storage charges, container handling fees and others are among the lowest in Malaysia.
- Certified as a safe port and operates in accordance with the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS Code).
- Much room to grow in terms cargo volume, facilities, equipment and services. Various business opportunities in the logistics sector.
- The port is capable of providing integrated logistics solution to those involved in the oil and gas sector in line with the aspiration of Labuan to become a vibrant oil and gas hub.